Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Love Being a Mommy...

Here's the last post for the day and then we should be caught up on pictures and her short little life up until now. She's 2 in a half months now, and I can't believe how time flies. I had to put away her newborn clothes that don't fit anymore, and they are still brand new! It's amazing to be a mother. Such a rewarding job...some days are really hard and other's just sort of hard. I can't believe the amount of love you can have for a little one. I would do anything for her. She weighs 10 lbs 8 oz. now and is 23 inches long. She is into her 3 month clothes now because she is long enough, but she's so skinny that they are a little baggy on her. She's a doll in anything.
I've learned a lot in the past couple of weeks. I've learned that you can't control everything. I am a control freak and I want everything to be perfect. I want to make sure Preslee grows up to be exactly how I want her be....but we all now that won't happen. Nursing has been a difficult road for me, but it is something that I have felt strongly to continue, despite the Mastitis, the screaming from her at me because she has a hard time latching on, the blood in her diapers..etc. She is very healthy, but the blood has thrown me for a loop. Today we are going to try a partially digested protein formula to try and let her bowels heal, eventhough I am so scared she will LOVE formula and a bottle and give up on me with nursing. We are going to try it for a week, see if the blood stops, then go back to nursing. Keep your fingers crossed. As for controlling everything, I have to learn what is best for Preslee, not what is best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment